2ND LINE ATLANTA WILL WORK WITH THE STYLE AND VENUE OF YOUR WEDDING!
From complete second line brass band to solo musician, 2nd Line Atlanta musicians provide New Orleans Jazz, Blues, Cajun and Zydeco music for wedding ceremonies, receptions, prelude and postlude.
A popular tradition during New Orleans weddings is the second line parade.
How is a wedding second line setup?
The second line parade begins when the newly married bride and groom, often holding decorated umbrellas or parasols, are followed by the brass band. This is the "first line" or "main line".
The “second line” is the rest of the bridal party and everyone one else following, dancing or strutting behind. Guests wanting to join in the celebration form a line behind the band and married couple, dancing and strutting to the music with umbrellas or parasols and handkerchiefs or cocktail napkins!
WHEN IS THE APPROPRIATE TIME TO SECOND LINE AT A WEDDING?
- Some couples choose to second line immediately after the wedding, for the recessional, leading guests to the reception.
- Other couples wait to second line at the end of the wedding reception.
2nd Line Atlanta can also play music before the reception.
Waiting guests appreciate having live New Orleans jazz music before the reception and this helps set the tone for the rest of your wedding celebration.
HOW THEY DO A SECOND LINE WEDDING IN NEW ORLEANS
- The bride and groom in front followed by the band is the "first line".
- The “second line” is everyone else following and dancing behind.
- Participants often twirl parasols or handkerchiefs, sometimes unique, embellished by feathers and fringe; other times customized specifically for the wedding event.